Watermelon is the most powerful & Thrist Quencher Fruit, which are available in summer. It is round, spherical or cylindrical in shape having light green or dark green in color. It is full of red dotted pulp with black seeds and sweet in taste. It is used as raw, beverages & Juice form. Watermelon has many nutritional and health benefits to the human body.
In a fresh watermelon, it contains only 10% sugar and 90% water. Each and every part (Like skin, pulp, seeds and rind) of watermelon is edible, so it provided instant energy to our body. It is full of antioxidants, vitamins (A, C, E, D, niacin, thiamine, B6, B12, acid Pantothenic), minerals ( iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, fluoride, selenium) and fat/cholesterol free fruit. So check out the numerous and amazing health benefits of watermelon as follows:
- First of all they are good for our heart health due to the presence of amino acids, which helps to relax the blood vessels and prevents from heart attack and strokes. It also boosts your immune system.
- It also helps to maintain the blood pressure level due to the presence of potassium and magnesium, which helps to decrease the blood pressure and relaxing the body.
- The presence of Lycopene make its color red & it is also good for cancer patients because it is fat soluble. Due to its presence it also prevents various types of cancers.
- It is best alternate for those who are on dieting due to very low in saturated fat, calories and having no cholesterol in it and full of water contents which is equal to our daily needs.
- Due to the presence of potassium, it also prevents kidney damages because it also helps to clean up the unwanted toxic material from it and prevents the formation of renal calculi and reduce the uric acid level.
- It contains Arginine, which helps in diabetes patients to increase the insulin level of the body.
- Sometimes it also acts as viagra due to the presence of Citrulline, which can help to raise the blood levels of l-arginine and relax the blood vessel that can boost your sex drive like taking viagra. According to an Indian council of urology, it’s also helpful in the fertility of men by increasing the sperm counts and motility.
- It contains a large amount of vitamin C and A, thus they also prevent macular degeneration. It also protects from rheumatoid arthritis, Asthma and colon cancer due to full in antioxidants.
- Watermelons are rich in electrolytes sodium, so they help to protect our body from dehydration. It also helps in skin glowing while consuming or applying externally.
In brief they are the best fruits for your body and all the above said health benefits are enough to take it daily and prevent many diseases. Watermelons are many other health benefits like good for our eyes, reducing bad breath, helpful in gout, weight loss, prevents heat stroke, increase the HDL level, fluid retention and much more. If you know more about the health benefits of watermelons, please share your knowledge with us through our comment box given below to serve others better.