The Guava fruit is also called Amrood In India. It may be round, oval and pear in shape having flesh color from white to pale yellow to pink and contains a large number of seeds. They are rich in antioxidants and Pectin content, so they are also known as one of the Superfoods fruits.
According to studies guava contains 5 times more vitamin C from Oranges and 20 times more than Bananas. A fresh guava contains calcium, potassium, iron, fiber, flavanoids, folic acid, nicotinic acid, vitamins A, B, and C, So they provide numerous health benefits to the human body.
Guavas are used to eat as raw, juice, nectar, jam and jellies. Its dried leaves used as a tea, which provide many medicinal health benefits. Eating a guava helps in treatment of diarrhea, reducing blood cholesterol, weight loss, dysentery, constipation, diabetes, cough, cold, skin care, scurvy and many more. So read all the health benefits of eating Guavas as follows:
- Diabetes & High Blood Pressure: Eating guava & its leaves help to treat diabetes and reduce the blood glucose levels. It also helps with high blood pressure, reduce cholesterol in blood and thickening of blood. (My mother also eats guavas to stay fit with diabetes).
- Constipation: Due to rich in fiber, it helps with constipation and improve your digestion system.
- Cold & Cough: Eating raw guava is helpful to prevent cold and cough due to its iron and vitamin C content and keep the viral infections at bay.
- Helps in Weight Lose: If you want to lose weight, then start eating guavas because they contain nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants which helps in weight loss.
- Prevention From Cancer: Guava contains Lycopene which fights with cancer causing free radicals and reduce the risk of prostate cancer in men.
- Skin Care: Guava astringent and nutrients help the body in the detoxification process and keeps your skin wrinkle free and healthy. It also improves your skin texture, tighten your muscles, prevents from the harmful UV rays and reduce acne scars.
- Helps in Fertility: The presence of Folate helps to prevent from fertility problems because studies shown that the folate promotes fertility.
- Boost Brain & Nerves Function: Guava contains vitamin B3 and vitamin B6 which helps to promote the brain & nerves to functioning properly.
- Healthy Oral Benefits: Guava green leaves chewing has power to cure the halitosis and bleeding gums.
- Thyroid: The presence of cooper & manganese in guavas helps to keep the hemoglobin level up protect from the thyroid.
In brief Guavas are very useful and delicious fruit for us. So make your habit to eat it regularly and stay protected these above said problems. It also helps in many other diseases like toothache, swollen gums, oral ulcers, epilepsy, bacterial infections, alzheimer’s, osteoarthritis, muscular degeneration, avoid birth defects and much more. If you know more health benefits of Guavas, please share your knowledge with us through our comment box given below to serve others better.